Sunday, September 9, 2012

The Day I Met Her

I was running home from school one day, hoping my package had come. I felt like I could go no faster. But I knew I had to if I wanted to check the mail before my borther got home from basketball  practice and took it. Suddenly I stopped. There She was. The Wind Woman. My mother had told me the story about Her and how only a very few with the mark of the silver leaf on there hands could see Her. At the time I hadn't believed her, but there She was as clear as day by the tree in a yard blowing the leaves. I stared at her for a while not believing my eyes, then She looked straight at me and walked over. But She didn't walk like you and I walk because  you could not see Her feet but Her dress seemed to glide over the ground. When She came to me She held out her hand and opened it slowly, I gasped. A silver leaf was inside Her hand. "Take it." She said and her voice sounded like leaves blowing in the wind, so of course I took it. I put it in the center of my palm and it seemed to melt away into my skin. When I looked up She was gone. I walked slowly home staring at the mark of the leaf on my hand. When I came to our mailbox I decided to get the mail but, the mail was gone. Oh no! Adam must have gotten the mail already, and my package! I thought angrily as I walked up the driveway to my house. When I came in Adam came running down the stairs with my package in his hands. "Look what I got! Your precious little package!" Adam said tauntingly.
"Uh huh." Was all I said, my thoughts going back to Her. I could tell my brother was surprised. Usually when he took my packages I yelled at him and chased him through the house. I walked up the stairs with my brother staring blankly behind me.
"Oh... Well then here." He said handing me my package. "Thanks." Was all I said. As I came up the stairs I saw my Mom ironing shirts for my Dad. "Hey sweety, how was school?" Mom asked smiling. "Fine." I replied.
"That's good. There's supposed to be a really bad wind storm tonight."
"REALLY!!??" I nearly screamed.
"Yes, yes, no need to get so worked up about it."
"Okay, well I'll be in my room."
"Okay, sweety."
To be continued...

2 comments:

  1. I can't wait to read the rest of it. Very good story, Moriah. I love you. :-)

    ReplyDelete